He_Who_Is_Nobody will hopefully have started a trend: He talked about himself. And his goals on this blog. And he gave us some insight into his future blog plans.
I’ll follow suit.
This is me.
Just so you can put a face to the name.
Right, so where do I come from? Well, I’m a 22 year old student at the Pedagogical Highschool of Vienna, studying “English as a foreign language” and “Geography and Economics” (G&E). I studied “History and Political Sciences” and G&E for 2.5 years at the University of Vienna. I’m training to become a teacher and should be finished next year. Hopefully.
I also take some courses (both online and IRL) on biology.
Currently, I have five post series in mind:
1) Making education a priority. I’ll talk about why schools/Unis/kindergarten/etc. are the way they are and what we should do to improve them.
2) Politics. I already started on that here. Basically, I know a lot of politicians, especially in the EU, so I have a bit of insight. I’ll counter Euro-sceptics and lash out at idiot politicians.
3) Medicine. My flatmate studies medicine and I like to read about it, so between us we’ve got quite a bit covered. I also have a few doctors in the family: My Aunt and Uncle, plus their son who’s about to start studying it, my other Aunt and Uncle, her Father, plus her mother’s a pharmacist. The intent here is to look at some alternative medicine, at some good medicine and at the business and politics of medicine.
4) Science in the news. I’m not sure if I’ll get to that, but it’s one of my pet peeves. Idiot journalists who butcher real science. Gah, hate.
5) Biology. I’ll say upfront that I have no degree in biology, but I’ve got some people who will look through these particular posts. Here, I mainly want to talk about some obscure creationist claims and I may post monthly paper reviews, depending on the time I have.
I’ll also be in the show, I hope, so see you there!
I hope you’ll enjoy my posts. If there’s anything else you want me to post about, any questions you might have: PM me and I’ll (probably) be happy to comply.